Friday, May 1, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Kitchen Edition

Hi!! Welcome to the Robins Nest!

Come on in, relax and grab a glass of sweet tea!


We live on a small farm in NW Arkansas and built our home 2 years ago. I am still in the process of decorating (yes.. 2 years later). I have tried to stick with a country- farm house feel throughout our house. We love living on the farm ( I grew up on one). It is very peaceful with the animals and nature around.
For our kitchen, my favorite flower is the Daffodil, so I went with this as my theme.

The Breakfast Nook

This is a painting that my hubby's grandmother painted.

My china cabinet. I love the lights over the top shelf. It really displays the china and crystal well. My dad was stationed in Japan for a while, when he was in the navy. He brought home 2 sets of china, crystal & silverware. It so happened that he had 2 daughters and we each got a set. Oh- one of my favorite appliances is this electric oven. It is perfect to cook biscuits or anything for just the 3 of us, without heating up the house.


A close up of the tea set that matches my china.


I also love my stove and the tile back-splash behind it. Please excuse the clutter on the frige- I seem to hang many things there so I don't forget them.


Also- I gotta have a little Paula on the counter for inspiration! :-)








6 comments:

Tristan said...

So...I'm thinking we were supposed to be twins..LOL.
I read your about me..and thought wow..we like all the same things!

Your baby is precious.

I love living on a farm too!

Heather said...

Your kitchen is so cute and so is your little girl!! I love Paula Deen too, doesn't come any better than her!

 The Morris Family said...

the china cabinet is breath taking..beautiful!! We live on a farm too, love it!! Your baby is so precious, may the Lord grant fruitfulness with thousands in Israel!
Cindy

Twice as Nice said...

Great kitchen and your little one is a sweetie!

Stephanie Kay said...

wow!! Your doing a carnival! :) :) I was just thinking about those paintings this week. Isn't there a similar one of a dogwood blossom? Is there one on a white background or only the one on a pink background? Not that you would know. :) What are you still decorating? As I recall, your house looks pretty pulled together. I on the other hand haven't hung one thing in my bedroom - after living here 6+ years. I keep thinking if I wait long enough we'll move and I can start over. :)

Sarah Robbins said...

So cute! We think alike- my blog is The Robbins Nest! Good thing I have two "B"s or I would have been out of luck! Thanks for sharing your kitchen- it's too adorable!