Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Tasty Tuesday- Chicken Cobbler
I have made it a point each month to try new recipe's. This is one that I made for the whole family one Friday night during Dad's treatments. I cut up the veggies and boiled chicken the night before. All I had to do after work was put it all together & bake. It was Delicious! I think next time I will leave out the mushrooms. I like mushrooms, but I did not enjoy them in this recipe. Enjoy! Sorry I don't have a photo. Chicken Cobbler From Cooking with Paula Deen, Jan/Feb 2010 Ingredients 1⁄2 cup butter, divided 1 cup chopped celery 1 cup chopped carrots 1 cup chopped onion 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms 1 cup frozen peas, thawed 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour 4 cups reserved chicken broth (I used 2 cans of broth) 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream 4 cups reserved chopped cooked chicken 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme (I used dry) 11⁄2 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoon ground black pepper 2 (7.5-ounce) bags complete buttermilk biscuit mix (Bisquick) 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese 1 cup whole milk (I used 2%) Instructions Preheat oven to 400˚. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large skillet, melt 1⁄4 cup butter over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrots, onion, and mushrooms; cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in peas. Set aside. In a large Dutch oven, melt remaining 1⁄4 cup butter over medium heat. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, and cream, whisking until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until mixture is thickened. Add reserved chicken, celery mixture, thyme, salt, and pepper. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine biscuit mix, cheese, and milk, stirring just until combined. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto cobbler. Bake for 18 to 23 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown and cobbler is hot and bubbly. Serve immediately. Edited: Sorry about the crazy layout- I have tried to fix a couple of times and goes back to this. Weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mmmmmmm .... wish you'd brought some to work for me to taste test! ;-)
Post a Comment