Monday, May 24, 2010

What we have been up to

1) Potty training- is going good. Yesterday I didn't really change very many wet diapers! We are going in the potty when we are bottomless and have started telling us when she needs to go! She even didn't pee while napping and pee-peed in the potty after nap! I have been using pull-ups to keep the messes down in the house, but mom is using panties. I'm pleased with how things are going. I didn't think we would be potty training this early! She cracks us up- she gets excited about peeing in the potty and jumps up ready to flush it- then 2 seconds later- pees again... and the process repeats. Yesterday I had to make the hubby help, after 5 trips to flush in about 5 minutes!

2) Earthquakes- during supper the other night we had an earthquake in NWA! The 2nd one in a month! It was a 2.6 magnitude, 3.1 miles deep, 2 miles Northwest of Cave Springs. So- it was about 15 miles away. I didn't realize that there is a noise associated with earthquakes, but the ones here sound like thunder. We heard thunder, but there was no storm nearby and then I saw on twitter that we had another earthquake! Crazy! Good thing we have earthquake insurance!! ha-ha

3) Hay- We started hay season on Friday. The hubby & my dad cut about 80 acres of hay. We have a 5 day window without rain, hope we make it. There is a slight chance of storms tomorrow and for the next few days. The hay looks good this year, the wind over the weekend helped dry it out. Maybe next weekend, we can cut the rest! I don't want to drag it out for months. The cows will be happy though!

4) Had to sell a bull- I don't understand why we have such issues with our bulls! Our oldest one didn't pass his breeding exam and we had to take him to the sale. Bummer! The hubs took the mean one to the vet and they trimmed his bad foot- now he's limping so bad we're hoping he will breed cows! I wondered if they didn't do it on purpose, since we got the vet we do not like. He doesn't want to mess with the bad boy and tells us we need to get rid of him EVERY time we are there. He is also the vet that told us we needed to sell him b/c of his foot last year and we were able to make him better!

5) Lanscaping- Addi & I planted flowers this weekend. I changed up what I normally do and have tried the red, white & blue theme. We are going to hang a flag on the front porch and now my flowers match. I also sprayed around the trees and fertilized them. My wonderful dad mowed for us on Sat. while hubby was cutting hay. So- I moved stuff around so dad could mow places we normally don't. Now the house looks awesome! I'll try to get some pics up this week.

6) Addi's 1st trip to the dentist- went much better than I anticipated. We went to a pediatric dentist. I wasn't sure about that whole thing- but I LOVE them. All of the employees really went out of their way to make the kids feel comfortable. She let them look in her mouth and ended up giving the dentist a high five!! They took our picture and will mail it to us! I'll post the picture when I get it.

2 comments:

cassie said...

You were busy this weekend! Wish I could get half that much done.!
Cassie

Stephanie Kay said...

I love how you put it - "didn't pass his breeding test." Too funny! :)