Well- it finally happened...
I washed an entire load of ALL of Addi's clothes WITH a RED Crayon!!!! I didn't notice until I was taking them out of the dryer!!! I almost cried- red, matted, chunky crayon on EVERYTHING! Socks, pj's, white shirts... you name it.
So- I googled... and found a crazy combination of laundry cleaning supplies had worked for some people with melted red crayon issues too.
2 c. Tide (I used Gain)
1 c. Oxiclean
1/2 c. 20 Mule Team Borax
1 c. Shout
1 c. white vinegar
I was not expecting miracles- just for her clothes to look decent enough to get us by until spring.
I bought all of the supplies, started the load of laundry and let the drum fill w/ water, dumped everything in (I cut the ingredients in half, since it was a small load) and let it soak overnight.
The combination got the stains out that weren't caked on melted crayon. I then sat at the table with a knife, scrapping crayon off of her clothes and spraying the spots with Shout. Before bed I restarted the load w/ the same concoction and let it soak overnight. The next morning the clothes were CLEAN!!! Now- there were still some yellow-y spots on the white shirts that were covered BADLY with crayon and I had to rinse the clothes several times to get the soap out. But for the most part the crayon came out of everything!
I'm passing this along- the magic cure for caked on melted crayon!
I learned my lesson that I not only have to check my hubby's pockets for gun & ink pens, but now I must check my daughters clothing for hidden crayons!!! :-)
2 comments:
Great to know!!
It's a wonder! Thank goodness you found a solution! It's time for us to get the girls some spring and summer clothes.
Cassie
Post a Comment