Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving & More

Halloween 2009- Addi made quite a pretty ladybug!
I bought 3 costumes after halloween, when they were 75% off. She likes the supergirl!! I can't believe that she already enjoys dressing up! We should have pictures of Addi -the bat girl soon.

Addi's new hat... I think it will keep her ears very warm this winter.


We decorated for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving. Here is our mantel. We also put lights up in the yard. I bought wreaths & sprays for the house at Hobby Lobby on black friday- the entire store was 50% off!!! I think it will be for the entire month of Dec.! I got garland for the mantel & stairs.... for $4 ea! I'll try to get pics up.


Addi liked putting decorations on the tree. She just couldn't figure out how to hook them on the limbs... So most ornaments are just laying on the tree limbs! :-) I only put 4 breakable ornaments up high. I purchased shatterproof ornaments (again on black friday @ wal-mart- the ones you see on the mantel).


Mama- don't hats go on your head??





Thanksgiving
I made a beautiful & yummy peanut butter pie for daddy this year!


I also made the most beautiful pecan pie ever this year!!


Thanksgiving day 2009
We have had such a busy fall! Addi is growing so quickly! I am very excited about Christmas this year and all of the family traditions we can start.










2 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

How fun! She looks like a big girl!! :( I love your Christmas tree. The cowboy theme is so cute!! :)

Cassie said...

What great decorations! And good prices too! I bought a smaller tree this year. I just did not have the energy to take on our huge one. Joe's working so much---I knew that he would not be able to help me with it this year. It's pretty though. We have birds nests and redbirds, gold balls, and brown ribbons.

Christmas is such a special time of year!

Cassie