Wednesday, April 29, 2009

1st of Catch-Up Series- Branson

Papa with Rich & Shirley
Addi with her great-uncle Rich

The kids bowled in their own lane.


Grandma with Rich & Shirley


Addi's first Branson Show- The Dixie Stampede.

The Family in front of Bass-Pro

Mama & Addi at the Precious Moments Chapel




I'm sorry that I haven't posted anything in a while. We've been busy with life. I will try to keep posting to get you caught up with Miss Addi. She has started saying da-da. She had got 6 teeth since her birthday! She has turned into miss personality. I need to make her 1 year appointment, but i think she weighs around 25 pounds. She's still wearing size 4 diapers and 12 month clothes. She is even climbing up on the sofa by herself. I will include videos in my future posts and you can see her talking and teasing us. :-0

Here is a summary of Spring Break week.

We had quite a busy spring break this year. We started the week off with Addi's birthday party. I had family in from Colorado- Uncle Rich, Aunt Shirley & their grandkids Blake & Miranda. The guys fished most of the week- their goal was to catch big strippers. Well, Uncle Rich caught a 26 lb bass on Monday! It's a whopper and is going to be mounted!! On Wednesday, the girls took a road-trip to the Precious Moments Chapel in Carthage Missouri. It had been a few years since I had been. It was a nice trip., wonderful weather. The paintings are beautiful, as is the stories behind the artist who created the figurines. As you can see in the video, Addi enjoyed the music playing in the garden and danced her way around. :-) Everyone kept saying "look at that little girl- she's so cute!" . The next day everyone loaded up and drove to Branson. It was Addi's first trip to Branson. She did pretty well during the 2 hour drive. She got fussy for the last 15 minutes or so. Stephen and I had been to the Titanic Museum (which was where the rest of the crowd wanted to go), so we hit the Outlet Malls and shopped while the rest learned something. I tried buying out the Carter's store!! Addi came home with 2 swim suits and numerous other outfits for this summer. Of Course- we had to take my relatives to a show... we were in Branson after all. So, we went to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. It's a dinner show and we had some awesome food and a GREAT time. The only thing my relatives did not enjoy was the fact that you did not eat with silverware! :-) We even lucked out by getting in the last row that was bench seating and people next to us never showed, since Addi had to sit on our laps and eat our food or it would have been expensive and CROWDED. She did very well. She watched all of the animals and people singing. She had a great first trip to Branson. We will make it again this summer attend the Sons of the Pioneers, Chuckwagon show with my parents.

We finished off the week with bowling. I'll post video of our bowling techniques later. They are pretty funny!






1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

Love the video of Addi dancing!! Cute!

I have to ask, is my brother wearing a PINK jacket in that picture?! :)