Monday, September 22, 2008

6 Month Check-up

Today was Addi's 6 month check-up. I can't believe how time has flown by!! She is growing and developing so quickly. Last weekend I could hold her while I ate and she would play, but couldn't reach my plate.... this weekend she kept grabbing my plate and ended up with pancake syrup on her hands!! Don't misunderstand-- I don't hold her all the time when I eat-- we were at McDonalds. ;-) She is becoming quite a grabby girl... she really wants the remote control for some reason-- no one has ever let her play with it. I guess it is just neat looking and has bright colors on it. Also- she has started trying to pull herself up from the sitting position to standing- she can only get up on her knees.
Today we saw Dr. M. She is really nice and actually plays with Addi to see where she's at development wise. This is the second time we've seen her and I think this is who we may stick with... at least choose between her and Dr. F. Addi weighs 16 lbs 12.5 ozs! No wonder she's outgrowing things. :-) She is 25 inches long and her head is 16 (something) inches. I believe she's in the 75% for weight and somewhere around 30% for her height. She's perfect. She also got shots today- yuck. This time she got 4 shots. The ped. recommended the flu shot for her and a booster in 1 month. Hopefully, she won't react to bad... Then she got the normal shots. I really like how this dr office does their shots. I don't have to hold her down. There are 2 nurses who lay her down and they do 2 shots at one time (1 in each leg), and we just "rescue" her from the big bad mean nurses! :-) Today she was a screamer with big ole tears!
The ped also recommended that adults boost their tetnus again-- they've added pertussis (whooping cough) back to the tetnus vaccine for adults. I've heard that whooping cough is becoming more prevelant- maybe just in our area.
Hopefully, we will have a good next couple of days and avoid the bad vaccine reactions.

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

Walmart brand infant Tylenol will save your life!!! Purchase by the large bottles! And start giving as soon as you get home. Then everyone is happier on days there are shots. = )

Sounds like Addi and my gang on related - on the short and pudgy scale. = ) Except for Ellie. She's just short and thin.